the best grilled, smoked and barbecued meats FFC has to offer.
to help determine the 2020 Grillmaster Champ.
live music and hanging out with the fellas.
Do you simply love to eat barbeque? If so, sign up here now. You don't have to compete to participate! Attendees will enjoy a feast of epic proportions and get to cast their vote to help decide who will be the 2021 champ. You will not go home hungry or disappointed!
Winners will be declared in chicken, beef, ribs and pork categories. From those category winners, a panel of expert judges will select the Grillmaster Champion.
- Contestants must be men age 18 or older.
- Winners will first be determined in chicken, pork and beef categories as follows:
- 50% of score by popular vote
- 50% of score by pre-selected panel of judges
- Each judge will score the 1) taste, 2) appearance, and 3) tenderness of the meat on a scale of 1 (worst) to 10 (best). The overall judges’ scores will weight these factors equally.
- First place in each category’s popular vote will earn a score of 10, second place a score of 7, and third place a score of 5. Attendees can only submit one vote per meat category.
- Ties will be broken by the judges scores.
- The Grillmaster Champion will be determined by the panel of judges from the winning entries in each category. All awards will be announced at 7:00 pm.
- Sauces may be provided on the side but should not be put on the meat.
- You may have one entry per meat category (beef, chicken, ribs and pork) but do not have to enter a meat in each category.
- Please turn approximately a half pound of meat for each category you enter at 5:00 pm, sliced for the judges, in the provided numbered tray (one tray per category). (Trays will be numbered so that the judges do not know which team’s food they are tasting.)
- No meats will be judged if submitted after turn-in time.
- The popular vote will be open from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Therefore, each contestant should also make sufficient meat to be passed out for about 30 small samples. You should have samples of the meat you enter for judging, but you may have additional samples of non-entry meat from the same category. Four voting tickets (only one vote per meat category) will be distributed to each attendee. They can vote by putting their ticket(s) in voting containers next to the sample tray. Voting containers will collected at 6:00 pm.
- Contestants may come early and bring their own grills and use any type of fuel (wood, charcoal, propane, etc.), or teams may prepare meats ahead of time and bring to the event.
- Contestants must bring their own ingredients and cooking utensils, including aprons, pot holders, tongs.
- No alcohol on the premises.
- Competition meats must be submitted in the provided numbered tray to remain anonymous. Any markings will disqualify the contestant.